At Crossroads, we support a wide range of missionaries and ministries both domestically and internationally. We partner with many of these ministries through missions trips and also seek to support them financially through our Faith Promise. For more information on how to join us as we support these works, pleaseor you can contact Pastor Keith at 317.485.2175 with any questions about Missions.
Currently we are supporting the following works:
1. New City Church – Indianapolis, IN
2. Two Cities Church Plant – West Lafayette/Lafayette, IN
4. Tom and Catalina – MTW Enterprise Europe
5. Matt and Esta Jesch – MTW Guadalajara
6. Yosef Desta – Ethiopian Evangelical Church, Indianapolis, IN
At Crossroads, we want to live the gospel we believe. We gather for worship but then scatter for service. Here are a few community ministries that we have become involved in. Please call the church office if you would like to find out how you can help with these ministry opportunities.
- Wheeler Mission – This is a mercy ministry to the homeless in downtown Indianapolis. We gather up an annual offering for this ministry as well as serve meals at the mission on the first Tuesday of every month. This is an excellent way of showing the love of Christ to people in need in our city.
- Short-term Mission Trips – In addition to our long-term support of missionaries, we promote missions through Short-term Mission Trips. We have taken U.S. domestic trips to Saint Louis and to Cherokee, North Carolina. In 2004, we sent a team to Belgium to encourage and minister with Tom Nachtergaele. In the next few years, we hope to take trips overseas to England and Kenya to support our long-term missionaries.
- Festivals and Local Outreaches – We are a church in the community that is for the community. We long for our presence to make Fishers and the surrounding communities a better place to live. We participate annually in the Fishers Freedom Festival by setting up a free game booth and telling people about our church. We conduct free car washes to show God’s love in a practical way. We target certain neighborhoods with information about the church, seeking to invite more and more people to come and visit us.
Over the past three years, in conjunction with our Land & Building Campaigns, we have committed ourselves to a 10% Challenge. This means that we have “tithed” (given the first ten percent) all receipts and given that money to church planting. We have given approximately $55,000 since 2002 in support of the following church plants here in Indianapolis: New City Church on the Eastside and Redeemer Presbyterian Church in downtown Indy.